Monday, November 11, 2013

The Filipino Spirit Is Waterproof






These past few days maybe you have heard about the "Super Typhoon" Yolanda that hit our country and had caused tremendous damage to my mother's hometown Tacloban, Leyte. It was devastating to see how vastly damage it is. My heart breaks for the many people who have lost their loved ones. I haven't heard from some of my relatives living there and still praying for their safety and hoping all of those who have survived will find food, shelter and comfort. In this time of great need, I'm hopeful that soon this too shall pass. Our country have experienced the worst typhoon ever known yet still standing. If there is one thing I'm truly proud of my fellow Filipinos would be their capacity to withstand trials with a glowing spirit. To be generous despite lacking, happiness in times of despair, and a hope during discouragements. Unites as one in every part of the world and if you are one of my "kababayans" you would understand when I say let's "kapit bisig" there is no exact words to describe it in English but I think the closest would be "To hold  each others arms" and "Sujetar los brazos" in Spanish. It's now a known way of living when every one unite to do their part in helping each member of the family who needed help. For me, the best way to really help is by volunteering but nowadays there are tons of ways to extend our hands even in a distance.


Sharing to you some of the organizations I am part of:

1. UNICEF
3. ABS-CBN


Come and join me to help the needy like what Mother Teresa once said:




“It's not how much we give 
but how much love we put into giving.” 
― Mother Teresa





Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and let's continue to pray for all the people of the Visayas region. Praying that people who have lost will find comfort, to those who have not yet been found may find peace, and to those who have survived will find joy despite of what had happened. The joy of knowing that God has given them another lifetime to live.



No comments:

Powered By Blogger